Sunday 11 January 2009

Why bloodwashed pilgrim?

"I saw a bloodwashed pilgrim a sinner saved by grace..."
The quotation is the opening line of a song by the OC Supertones, a ska band from Orange County California, and the inspiration for the address of my blog. I chose it because I not only love the band but it describes who I am in Christ. I have been bought and washed by the precious blood of Jesus Christ (see Romans ch3v21-26, Romans ch5v9, Ephesians ch1v7, 1 John ch1v7, Revelation ch1v5 and so on). I am a sinner saved by grace.
Not only that but I am a pilgrim too. God has called me to work out my salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians ch2v12-13) and I am to run the race, fight the good fight and keep the faith, persevering by the preserving grace of God until the end. (1 Corinthians ch9v24-25, 1 Timothy ch6v12, Jude 24-25).

No comments:

Post a Comment